When you give, be sure your selected charity employs standards and policies that assure you of a “bill of rights” as a donor. You have the right to:
- Know how the funds of an organization are being spent.
- Know what the programs you support are accomplishing.
- Know that the organization complies with federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Restrict or designate your gifts to a particular project within the organization’s mission objectives.
- A timely and courteous response to your inquiries about finances and programs.
- Visit office and program sites of an organization to talk personally with the staff.
- Give cheerfully without being pressured by the organization.
- Obtain a copy of the organization’s most recent audited financial statements.
- Know that there is a responsible governing board providing oversight to the organization’s mission.
- Know that all appeals for funds are truthful and accurate.
Please Note: Due to the nature of our work, all donations made to Disciple the Nations are final. If you’ve made an error while entering your donation information, please contact our Donor Services team at 630.580.5750 or email email@example.com immediately. Refunds for online errors are made on a case-by-case basis, and, if approved, will be issued to the original method of payment.